Saturday, April 5, 2008

New Job!

So, I interviewed for a new job yesterday! Jordan District is building a new school about 1 minute from my house. Currently, I am travelling 30-45 minutes to and from work, depending on traffic. I have figured I spend over 100 dollars in gas just driving to and from work and spend over 24 hours every month driving to and from work - that is an entire day in my car!! Not to mention all the miles I am putting on my cars and the wear and tear.

Although I ablsolutely LOVE the school I am at now - I love my principal, my team, all the people who work there, the students and so many great things are happening there, I believe it would benefit me to transfer to the new school since it is so close to my house. I never wanted to transfer because I hate being the new person who doesn't know what is going on. I HATE being in the dark! So, with this being a new school, everyone is learning together and I would have more of a say in how to set the school up. It would be very exciting! So I see this as my chance to move schools. Unfortunately though it is a year round school. Blah, but maybe I would love it! Who knows...

Yesterday I had an interview with the principal of the new school, a 6th grade teacher and a literacy facilitator for the 5th grade team leader position. I was well prepared for my interview since my principal sat down with me for a half hour and helped me prepare - geez, seems like she is trying to get rid of me! haha - JK I know she loves me. The interview went well but I realized there are a lot of people applying for the fifth grade position. Since I have so much less experience than a lot of them, I am starting to doubt that I will get the job. Which I dont really mind, I just want to at least work on the fifth grade team, even if I dont get the team leader position. I dont know when I will find out, but I am very nervous!! I hate not knowing where I will be next year!

2 comments:

~Tana~ said...

How exciting!! I know how hard it is to commute to work. Good luck! You are amazing, I know that you are good at your job. The school would be lucky to have you!

Becky Johnson said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!