Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another Doctor Visit?? MY HELL!!

So, as most of you know, I have had a TON of doctor visits lately. I've had a lot of chiropractor visits, a few neurologists and quite a few to my family doctor trying to figure out what is going on with my health. It all started about 2 1/2 months ago. I started getting really bad headaches - worse than usual - and getting shaky and had a pounding heart a lot. My head would feel a numbness at night and it would wake me up at night. It got worse at nights and it is really scary. So I've been seeing docs trying to figure out what is going on. I didn't like the neurologist I was seeing he just said that it was nothing and I would be fine. So, I found a new neurologist.

I went to my first appointment yesterday. He actually seems to be worried, so I feel better that he really wants to figure out what is wrong. He spent over an hour talking to me yesterday and I felt like he was really interested and was going to help me get better. So that is good.

So this is what my future looks like: I have to give blood on Sat from 8 am to noon - I have to have a glucose drink and stay there and they will take my blood every hour for 3 hours (And by the way I need an adult to go with me cuz I will be fasting and possible for me to pass out with my history so if I have any volunteers that would be fabulous). Then I have to get an EEG test and two MRI tests next week. Then I have to meet with a cardiologist the next week to check my heart and have a check up with my new neurologist again to see if anything has changed and go over all my testing results. Hopefully we can find out what's going on with all those tests, unfortunately I have to pay 20% of all of them because I am on the cheapest insurance plan (that is what I get!!), but it is worth it to me to get feeling better. Frustrating...

The thing that makes me the most sad is that I really want to have a baby. My first neurologist said, "just get preg. it wont hurt you and maybe it will make the symptoms go away." The second neurologist said, "You really need NOT to get pregnant, because this will likely put you at a high risk pregnancy." I am ready to start a family and who knows how long this will all be before we figure everything out. Kinda sad about that, but don't want to risk my health either. : (

7 comments:

Linda said...

I am so glad that you're going to a new doc! I will worry about you every day so you don't need to! Love you.

~Tana~ said...

Oh Shanda, That is no good! You will have to let me know how it goes. I have a good opthoneurologist if you need one. Let me know if you need anything!
Love Ya!

Becky Johnson said...

Hopefully they find out what is wrong...I worry about you a lot too!! I wish I could be here this weekend to go with you, but stupid vacations get in the way of everything. hehe. But definitely keep me posted on what you find out. Love ya

The Blakes said...

That is so scary! Hope everything is ok!

Anonymous said...

I wil take you how come you never told me about this visit. The only way I know anything is if I read about it. You need to talk to me more.

Shanda Mattsson said...

I didn't tell anyone - that's why I put it on my blog. It is a long story and we all know I like to talk a lot and I didn't want to tell it 15 times, therefore, I put it on my blog to save my explaining everything over and over. And, Mom, I haven't talked to you since then - I just went on Wed night.

Anonymous said...

Hello, You don't know me at all. I was searching for Obert Skye because he was at my daughter's school too and I ran across your blog accidentally. I just wanted to mention that my sister had the EXACT symptoms you had, went to every dotor she could find -- no one had any idea what was wrong. She had been perfectly healthy before this but began to think she was losing it. Finally, she saw a doctor that instantly knew what she had. He said it was anxiety/panic/hyperventilation. It isn't the kind of hyperventilation where you have to blow in a sack. It's different, makes you shaky, face goes numb, heart beats fast. Anyway here is a link: http://www.helpguide.org/mental/panic_disorder_anxiety_attack_symptom_treatment.htm I so don't mean to be nosy. I'm not a doctor but just thought I would throw this out there. My sister had a very hard time until she was diagnosed. Then she was given a very small dose of meds and eventually was just able to train her mind to calm herself when it happened and now she is symptom free.