Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Test Time!

So, I had a lot of tests to get done today. I first went and got an EEG test. The guy put a bunch of electrodes on my face, head and chest. Then I just sat there for about 20 minutes.Then he had me hyperventilate and that pretty much sucked. I got light headed but it went away when I stopped. Then he flashed these really really bright lights in my eyes and gave me a headache. Then I went to another place by there and got 2 MRI's done. The first one was of my brain and the second was of my neck. That was pretty painless, otehr than the shot of contrast they had to give me. The did the same things on my MRA's, but this time it really didn't bother me at all. I didn't get any results back, but I did get about 30 X-rays that I have no idea how to read, but I'm sure my doctor can help with that!

John went with me and kept me company in between visits while I was waiting. He came just in case I passed out or didn't feel well enough to drive home, but luckily I am fine : ) Thank you John, for coming and spending part of your day sitting in a waiting room! I really appreciate it!

I also found out today that I will be on D track at the new school. I really wanted A, but my team leader took A. So the next best, or so I hear, is D track. The sucky part is they dont start the school year with everyone else. That is partly nice because I get a longer summer, but really annoying because I wont be there for the first of school. I think that is really going to annoy me!! But owell we will see how it goes!

Love you all!!

4 comments:

~Tana~ said...

I am glad that your tests went well. I have had a couple of MRI's they aren't bad just weird. Let me know what they find and if you need anything! Love Ya

Linda said...

Keep me posted on the results -- love you sweetie!

The Blakes said...

You poor thing! I absolutely hat going to the doctor! No fun at all! I hope everything goes well!

Anonymous said...

Please don't think I'm some crazy lady writing to you. Hello, You don't know me at all. I was searching for Obert Skye because he was at my daughter's school too and I ran across your blog accidentally. I just wanted to mention that my sister had the EXACT symptoms you had, went to every dotor she could find -- no one had any idea what was wrong. She had been perfectly healthy before this but began to think she was losing it. Finally, she saw a doctor that instantly knew what she had. He said it was anxiety/panic/hyperventilation. It isn't the kind of hyperventilation where you have to blow in a sack. It's different, makes you shaky, face goes numb, heart beats fast. Anyway here is a link: http://www.helpguide.org/mental/panic_disorder_anxiety_attack_symptom_treatment.htm I so don't mean to be nosy. I'm not a doctor but just thought I would throw this out there. My sister had a very hard time until she was diagnosed. Then she was given a very small dose of meds and eventually was just able to train her mind to calm herself when it happened and now she is symptom free. After I saw your post about doctors, I read more and it sounds like EVERY symptom you're having. It is very frustrating that doctors don't know about this -- this sounds EXACTLY LIKE what my sister went through for months!! She had stress in her life (sounds like you some of that) and her body just wasn't sure how to deal with it. She hadn't ever had anything like this before! I sure hope this helps.

Amy from Illinois