Saturday, April 19, 2008

Blood Work

Today I went and got my blood work done. It was a crappy experience. We got there and the guy got me checked in and started taking my blood. I told him I get lightheaded sometimes when I give blood, but he insisted that I would be fine. After about 5 tubes of blood, I told him I was getting lightheaded and started breathing hard. He said I was fine and just breath normal. And I said, "I'm going to pass out NOW!" and I always stick to my word. haha. So I passed out. Jer said I was out about 15 seconds and my body was being weird and cramping up and stuff. I remember having a really weird dream and was so confused when I came back.

After, I was SOO shaky and hot then cold then hot then cold and so forth. I still had to drink a glucose drink and get my blood taken three more times, over three hours. So I drank it even though I didnt feel well. It made me sick to my stomache on top of already feeling crappy. I did my best at not throwing up but 45 min later, up it came into the guys garbage can. So he took my blood one more time, but we couldnt finish thetest so I hope I dont have to go back and do it again. I went home and napped for a while then we went and ate and I went back to bed for a few more hours. At 4:30 today I decided to get out of bed, but I am still really sick to my stomach and just feel weak and out of it. It REALLY scared me. I was so out of it and weird feeling for so long that I got really scared. I will get my results in a week and a half when I go back to my doc. I will keep everyone posted.

Oh yeah, I also hurt my foot. One of the first things I said when I "woke up" was, "ouch, my foot hurts!" It was eally red then went away. Now it is just scratched but it hurts like hell. I hope it bruises so I have evidence of the pain. haha. If it does I will post a picture - it might help with the sympathy. haha.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you may get more flowing blood if I am not on your friends list
john

~Tana~ said...

Hey Shanda! I am glad Jer was with you! :) I am sorry about your rough experience!! Let me know if you need anything!! Love Ya

Becky Johnson said...

Wow! I am SO sorry that it went so badly. But, I am glad Jeremie stayed and went with you. I would have had to kick his ass. hehe. But keep me posted on what you find out ok?

The Blakes said...

Oh my God that is so scary!