Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Last Day of Work

As I was getting ready to write this I was thinking - Shantel and Ashlie both just had their last days of work also. Must be a theme with my friends right now : )

Today was my last day of work at Peruvian. It was a good day other than I felt like crap. I woke up this morning with the worst cramps in my tummy. It felt like someone stuck a knife in me and would twist it every couple of minutes and it seriously about took me down every time. I couldn't even stand. It was miserable. If it wasn't my last day and the kids' last day I think I may have called in sick. And I never do that! But I made it in and soon as Rita and Marti came in with gifts for me I broke down and started crying. I was emotional cuz I didn't feel well and it didn't help it was my last day. Marti got me a plant and some nice pens and Rita made me a really nice book where everyone who cares about me there wrote me a nice letter and they are all in a scrapbook. It was such a nice book that I really appreciate. Something that I will definitely hold on to. Thanks Rita!!

Then we went to lunch after school. I didn't know if I was really up to it, but I was feeling a lot better. Then I had to go sign out with my principal, Laura, and I broke down again! There was a lot of crying today. I am really going to miss all the wonderful people there!! Althought my new school will have wonderful people too, no one will match up to the people at Peruvian or the experiences I have had during my first 4 years of teaching. I have learned so much from all of them!! I love you all and will miss you! I will definitely keep in touch!!

Now I'm out for summer. The next school year starts on August 18th for me, since I am on D track. So I still have quite a long summer. We have a few professional development days in July and we can do our classrooms and move all our things in, so I will probably be working a lot in July. Until then, I have a lot of free time and want to catch up on some reading and some school projects. I would also love to do lots of lunches, if people are interested let me know : ) Oh - and Shantel is having her baby any day now so I plan on spending lots of time with her!

4 comments:

Becky Johnson said...

wow! I cant believe Shantel is already having her baby! That flew by really fast. Congrats on the 4 years of teaching. That is amazing! I am sure they will miss you at Peruvian.

Anonymous said...

Hi nice that you came over this week and we cold go to lunch with your bother and sister I am glad you can work so close to home. this is only my 2 blog I may some dat learn to do this but until then have a good day.

The Blakes said...

I am excited to hear how the new school goes for you! You can hang out with me and B if you get bored!

Linda said...

Let's do lunch!!!! With Jenny and Bailey!