Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Gentry!!

Today is my cousin Gentry's 31st birthday. He passed away a year and a half ago and we really miss him.

G - I hope you are having a good time up there doing anything and everything you want. Grandma came up to be with you...take care of her for us! I miss you and love you!

Gentry Jon Bauer

Gentry Jon Bauer "G" "True to the Ones I Love" We have lost a radiant light in our lives. Gentry Jon Bauer left behind an adoring group of family and friends on February 5, 2007. Gentry was born in Salt Lake City on Oct. 1, 1977 to Linda Mattsson Blake and Jon Bauer. He spent his childhood years playing basketball and soccer, spending time at his family's cabin in Torrey, Utah, and delighting his family with his exploits and practical jokes, mainly at the expense of his older brother Cade. He attended Skyline High School where he formed the band Hospital Food with his friends Chris, Luke and Steve. The band ultimately recorded two CD's and was signed with New School Records, which produced the CD "Medicate." Some of Gentry's favorite experiences were the band's tours through the western United States. Gentry was a gifted drummer and the great passion in his life was music, both listening and performing. Gentry had a very special relationship with his grandparents (The Two Big Gs). His experiences with them were among the most significant of his lifetime. Gentry loved to travel and loved experiencing the vibrance and energy of big cities. He spent many happy summer vacations at Lake Powell and Torrey. At the time of his death Gentry was the manager of The Pie in Midvale, Utah. Gentry's heart and soul will forever reside within the loving relationships he built during his life. We will miss him forever. Gentry leaves behind his parents Jon Bauer and Linda and Ed Blake; brothers Kincade (Janelle) Bauer, Chris (Jenny) Blake, and Adam Blake; grandparents Duane and Twila Mattsson, Thelma Bauer and Bob and Velma Blake; special aunts Kelly (Rick) Valleley and Katrina Raphaell and uncle Lane Mattsson; cousins Sim, Shanda, Payton and Dahlia; and the love of his life, Heather Bosen. Kiss, kiss, kiss, love, love, love, hug, hug, hug - I love you the most INFINITY. Mom Little did I know how deep you would run and the complexity and tenderness of your soul when I first looked into your eyes the day you were born. I wish I could have held your hand more often and been with you at the end of your journey, but be assured, Gentry, you will be with me and I with you forever and always. Save me a place - it will be the best seat in the house (the one by the drummer). I love you, Dad. G I have lost my brother and my best friend. I am so proud of all that you accomplished in your life and so thankful for all the laughs, smiles, jokes, and music I could share with you. A trip to NYC or Powell, our family dinners, and every holiday will never be the same. I cannot fathom a life without you and I will miss you so dearly. I love you G. Cade Goodnight my love, my snuggle bug, I'll find you in my dreams. I love you pumpkin. Heath G, I will miss our talks about great music and your ability to make me laugh. You are loved by many. Ed G, my love for you is timeless and true and I will miss you every minute of every day for as long as I live. Kelly Goodbye, my Gentry. We love you. Grandma and Grandpa

3 comments:

Linda said...

I love you sweetie!! Thanks for the sweet post about G.
XOXOXO

The Harrison's~ said...

how sweet!! i couldnt imagine losing someone so close!!!

Linda said...

I tried to leave a comment earlier but I am an internet NERD. I am still sad and want you to hurry up and have my little baby so I can laugh!
XOXOXO