Tuesday, October 21, 2008

ITS A BOY!!!


Well, we went to our ultrasound yesterday and found out that "it" is a "he." I feel good having a proper pronoun to call him. Here are all the details!

First, Jer came home from work early to go with me. He brought me these roses - so gorgeous!! It was so sweet to do that for our ultrasound!


Then we went to our appointment and I had my 8 ounces of water an hour before plus about 12 more ounces. I was thirsty. By the time we got there I needed to pee so bad. The lady at the desk said the ultrasound lady is running about 20 minutes behind and that I couldn't pee. That sucked. We finally went back and she started! How exciting to see our baby on that little screen!!

She saw and measured the brain and looked at the kidneys and bladder and measured the arm to make sure they were long enough and she said they were actually really long. She looked at more things and measured things and then she came to the goodies. She said, "well its a boy, if you deliver and they try to give you a girl, don't take it, because this is definitely a boy!" At least she sounded confident! Jer was so excited and I started crying. It was just so emotional to see our baby up there on the screen.

Then she got a sideways shot of the whole body and you could see the arms moving all around and I started giggling. Jer was like, "what's so funny?" I said I didn't know but just kept on giggling. I kept apologizing to the lady because it shook the whole screen when I laughed and that just made it funnier. Really nothing was that funny but I was so emotional that is just how I reacted. The lady finally stopped and waited for me...probably slightly annoyed, but I couldn't help it! She said he weighs 10 ounces and about the length of a hot dog bun (is that really the best thing she could relate my baby to?) According to size, my new due date is March 15th, but they won't change it at the hospital unless it is at least 10 days off so we are keeping the 19th, but its really the 15th.

Then she printed our pics and we went next door to our other doctor appointment and I walked up to the counter and said I have a check up appointment, but can I pee in the cup NOW???because I can't hold it anymore (at this point I had been holding it for over an hour!). The doctor saw us and it was just a normal doctor appointment. He looked at all the ultrasound pictures and I got a flu shot and some blood taken. Both on my left arm so it was funny when we left I had two bandaids on my arm. I looked like a druggie.

Here are the pics she gave us. Its only 4 and the "boy" one isn't good at all. It was better when she showed us but I probably giggled before she took it and now you can't even tell by this picture. My doctor couldn't tell either. Owell though. My doctor got tons of pictures and we got a measely 4. Kind of sucks. But they are super cute!


Then we went to dinner and did some shopping. We bought our baby a build a bear. That was fun and we put all our love in it. It was really cute. Jer dressed him, it was so cute. Then we did some shopping for some more maternity clothes and I got a few pair of pants and a shirt. I also got a band to wear on your back cuz my back has been KILLING ME! We went and looked at a bunch more cribs and rocking chairs. Then came home.


Such a great evening! Jer and I were giddy all night!

To answer everyone's question: No, no names picked out yet but I will be happy to take some suggestions. We are looking for something very unique not too popular but fits us. I thank Janelle for offering "blanket, Jeramie Jr., and Lane II" but I would like some more help! LOL

10 comments:

Linda said...

I am so excited -- I KNEW it! I can't wait. Now I can start looking for cute little boy things. I have one present already! Love you!

Stefanie said...

Congrats...you know what's funny, I voted for a girl, but seriously right after, I truly thought you were having a boy, maybe it was wishful thinking on the girl end, who knows!! You're going to have a handsome little boy, I'm so excited for you!Sorry, I'll keep thinking of suggestions, but obviously any of the names I like, I would like to use eventually!! :)

Becky Johnson said...

I LOVE the pictures!! SO cute!! I cant believe we are both having boys and SO close together!! They are going to be the bestest buddies EVER!! I cant wait.

The Hawkins Gang said...

I'm excited!! Even though I was wrong :( LOL Oh well... Either way, I'm excited there are going to be two little boys running around with you and Becky!!! Guess it's time to do some shopping... :) woo hoo!!! About the name Chance?? Chance Wootton, I like it!! LOL I'm just throwing out a name btw, you don't have to use it!

The Harrison's~ said...

how exciteing...i cant wait to see the little guy!! Kole or Cole...Gaige...Rylan...Treston...Colin or Collin...Carson or Karson or Carsen...Aric...Carter...Alex...
just a few suggestions..hehe

The Harrison's~ said...

your welcome...i will be thinking...i like the name you like...

~Tana~ said...

I am so excited to see you little one! Hey little boy! I will think of boy names that are unique and email you about them. I am sure you will pick something perfect. Yay!

Matt and Mandy said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! I love it that you couldn't stop giggling. That is too funny! I hope you are having a good time off track, I know I am loving the free time. :)

The Hawkins Gang said...

LOL Bracken is the last name of my cousin and her husband... I think the name would be cute for you. He's an anesthesiologist so he makes you feel good when you go in for surgeries, that's why I said she was lucky! LOL He gives the good drugs at the hospital! LOL But I think Bracken would be cute for you guys!

The Blakes said...

Yay! So exciting! Little boys are so cute!