Sunday, May 18, 2008

Yard Work!!


So we got a little yard work done this weekend. We got the cement on the side of our house poured finally and it looks so much better! Jer is really not that romantic or even thoughtful sometimes but he put our initials in it and it looks cute - what a sweetheart! : ) Love ya babe!Thanks to Jer's mom, Mary, we got flowers planted in our flower bed - I knew nothing about flowers, so I learned a lot. haha. It is so cute, but I can't wait until they all get bigger and take up more of the flower bed. We also put a lot of grass in the back yard. Jer had to go get three truck loads of dirt to just do how much we did because the ground was so much lower. It is has been a long long long day and I am fried - literally!! I put sun screan on but only once and I look like a lobster with some funny marks. My hands are white because I was wearing gloves and I have a nice tank top line. I'm so mad I got burnt. I didn't even thing about it!! Arg. After about 11 hours in the yard, I am ready to go to bed!

My cute hubby - he worked SO hard today!
Our new grass - most of this section used to be dirt. We have two more sections this size to do something with now. Our side flower bed - I love that bush in the middle. It is sooo pretty. We planted the one on the right. It is suppose to be the same kind as the middle, but pink flowers. You can't really see the flowers in the bed, but we put some there. The cute plant.Our newly cemented side. It looks so much better!Our front flower bed. It is much prettier in person and will be even better in a few weeks when they grow some.

These are my sympathy pictures - hurts and my skin is sooo hot to touch. It would have helped if I wasn't so ghostly white to start with!

5 comments:

The Ropers said...

your yard looks cute! we will have to come over and see it!!! I want to do a lot to our yard too! ... ouch the pics of you burnt looks like it hurts so bad and you got no sleep because of it! ouch! ouch! ouch! .. there's my sympathy hoped it helped! :0) LoL!

The Blakes said...

Your poor sunburn. The worst is trying to sleep all night with a sunburn. Your yard is looking great!

~meg~ said...

OWWIEEEE and HAHAHA! Miss you cuz!

The Harrison's~ said...

oh my hell...i thought it was hot down here..ouchy!!! i feel for you. that shit hurts.. but your yard is so pretty!!!

TC Jolley said...

OUCH! Your yard looks great but your back and neck doesn't! Sorry :) Jer is cute... it's nice when they do spontaneous things like carving initials in cement!