Saturday, August 23, 2008

I'm Going To Be A MOM...Tear...

So I was just updating my baby blog and getting ready to update this blog...I know I haven't done much lately but I have been SOOO busy at work. I have been working about 12 hours a day and only getting paid for 8 but that is my life as a teacher. More on that later, anyway, I was signing my baby blog and I put "love you, Mom" and I started getting tears in my eyes. I am actually going to be a mom!! I just realized I don't really know how to be a mom. I've heard so many people say it comes naturally and maybe it will, but what if I don't know what I'm doing? What if I don't know how to be a good mom?? But most of all...I'm going to be a mom! A MOM! That sounds so weird to me.

Enough of that. I had my first baby doctor appointment yesterday. We got a lot of information, I got a lot of blood taken (and I didn't pass out! Phew!) and we got to hear the babies heartbeat!! It was so precious. I got tears in my eyes then too (ok...I'm such a baby). It was so cute to hear though and really made me feel a thousand times better knowing that the baby is in there and alive and healthy. It was beating at 175 beats per minute. The doc said babies are between 120-160 but for the first appointment they are sometimes a little higher. He also said the heart beat was really strong for me only being 10 weeks.

He gave me a lot of information about doctor visits and things that will happen during my pregnancy. He calmed my fear of not getting enough protein and said to just eat how I normally do and the baby will be fine. The baby will take everything it needs and won't suffer...it will just be me who might start feeling it, but much better me than the baby! I am relived the baby knows to take all it needs! The doc said I am due March 19th and am right on schedule with my body and "insides." He said since I am small I will probably gain between 22-27 pounds but prob closer to 22. He also thinks I will deliver early because I am small and the baby will have no where to go. Maybe about 10 days early. The baby will likely be 6.5 pounds or smaller because he said I am too small to deliver a bigger baby and my body won't be able to stretch and grow enough to hold that big of a baby (lets hope for no 10 pounders because Jer was about 10!)

I can have as many ultrasounds as I would like, but my insurance will only pay for one, so I don't know if I will have many. My first one will be at 18 weeks to check the brain and lungs and internal organs...also the gender. He said I can do the gender at 16 weeks but could just wait until 18 weeks when he checks everything else. So I will proably wait. I hate waiting!

For my health...I have been feeling ok. Some days really good some really bad. I had the worst headache I have had in years this week and took some Tylonal which I feel really guilty about! Pretty much the same as before. I am always sick in the mornings and at night. I dont sleep well usually but have a huge appetite. Although I am miserable a lot, I am really trying to enjoy every minute of being pregnant and taking in all the joys of knowing there is a baby growing inside of there. Some of my pants are starting to get a little tight! and when I eat I get really bloated and I really look pregnant. haha!!

Sorry for the novel!! Miss everyone...feel like I haven't seen/talked to many of you since I started working!

9 comments:

Linda said...

You are going to be a fabulous mom! I love that baby already and I love YOU!!!

~Tana~ said...

I really feel that you are going to be a great mom! I am so excited for you. You are not a baby, I would be crying too!! I don't think that you will have a 10 pound baby. I miss and love you too!!

Becky Johnson said...

Dont worry about taking tylenol. Its actually on the list of medicines my doctor said I could take. So, dont stress. :) I am jealous, though. It seems your doctor gave you so much more info than mine did me. no fair! hehe

TC Jolley said...

You are so cute... I love that you are going to keep us posted on all your stats and pictures of your belly... LOVE IT! As for being a mom, don't stress about it too much, you really will be great :) You'll know that little baby more than anyone else will, it's awesome. Miss ya.

Stefanie said...

Yay!!! You're due on my birthday!! I'm very excited for you, you'll be an awesome mom!!

The Ropers said...

Your going to be a great Mommy!! I still can't believe that you are joining the Mommy world LOL!! So I am starting a Bunco group... I want you to be a part of it.. Let me know! I think we are going to do the first Tues. of every month! Let me know!!

The Ropers said...

it's a dice game! it's fun! a bunch of girls get together one night a month, u pay 10 bucks each time you play and that goes to the person that hosts the party, it pays for food and prizes, so not bad and it's fun!! you don't have too, but we would love to have you join us!

The Harrison's~ said...

oh how fun!!! i am so excited for you!! miss you!

Matt and Mandy said...

I am so excited for you! You are the cutest little pregnant mom ever!!
I am so glad that I found your blog! We don't ever get to talk at school, so now I can read all about what you do outside of teaching. :)