Friday, March 6, 2009

38 Weeks and counting...

So I had a doctor appointment today. I have gained 32 pounds so far and two this week. I am measuring at 39 1/2 weeks, but not dialated at all. He said I feel thin, but I don't think he can tell me a percentage because I'm not dialated so he can't actually feel the thinkness. I really wish I was dialating, but nothing I can do about that. He said he is very surprised that I haven't dialated because people with this body type usually are dialated by now. Maybe I'm just a really good oven.

We set up a day to induce me - March 26th. I would go in the night of the 25th and they give me a pill or something to get me started and I sleep there. Then in the morning of the 26th they will give me pitocin or break my water if I need it, if the pill didn't do enough. So he will be here in 20 days, almost definitely. That is so far away though! I am so ready to start this journey and the closer I get, the more anxious I get and just want it to be here. I have been very patient this whole pregnancy, but the last week or so I have really wanted to get the show on the road! I could still go into labor at any time though, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

3 comments:

The Harrison's~ said...

when is your actual due date? go on bumpy rides and you could always "play"..LOL.. cant wait till he is here! love ya!

The Ropers said...

yay the baby is almost here!!! yay!! can't wait to see the little guy! Keep us updated! text or call me and let me know when he arrives and if you need anything!!

801-604-3171

Nicole and Scott said...

I will actually die if I have to wait any longer than necessary! I will probably throw a major fit and yeah...you are being very patient!