Saturday, December 27, 2008

MeRrY ChRiStMaS

Christmas has always been one of my favorite times of the year. I love getting and giving gifts and I love seeing all my family and everyone is always so happy and joyful. This Christmas just wasn't the same. Both of our dads were out plowing and I didn't see my mom or that part of my family because we did our Christmas early and I missed my grandma and my grandpa saw a picture of my grandma and fell apart. Then he just wanted to go back the the nursing home and be alone. That ruined my whole day seeing him like that. So, needless to say, this Christmas wasn't that great.
We woke up to some snow and opened our gifts at home.
Jer's card to me. Look at the bottom of the Y. He is silly.

Oh...I got a love note! How sweet! I look skinny in this picture! LOL


Jer getting some parts for his 4-wheeler!


Jer got the baby a cute bib that says "I love mommy"
Then we went to Jer's moms for breakfast and gifts. We got snowed in there with the crazy wind and all the snow, but Jer dug us out and the weather wasn't nearly as bad as we headed out east.









This is after Jer dug our car out!










Then we went to my aunt Lindas and I just didn't enjoy myself like I usually do without my grandma and grandpa there. It was really hard.

My dad NEVER wraps gifts, bu the started this year. Looks like he needs some practice! haha










Here is a funny video playing the little piano they got Dal for Christmas. She is actually pretty good! Who knew she could play!


Then we went to Jer's grandmas house, then to my dad's to see him since we didnt see him earlier. Then we went home and got Jer's truck then went out to his cousins house. It was such a long day and I was getting really ornery by the end. Hopefully next Christmas will be better when we have the baby.
Here are some pictures of all the snow we got!





5 comments:

The Harrison's~ said...

still sounds like you had an ok time...its hard around the holidays when you lose someone so close...im sorry!!! but you look cute with your little belly as always...luv ya!!

The Harrison's~ said...

haha...i just relaized we have the same background...

~Tana~ said...

Looks like you had fun even though there was a lot of snow. I am sorry that you were sad about your grandma.

Nicole and Scott said...

Fun Christmas stuff! Yes, I am pregnant! yes, I quite the Buckle....too much traveling and too many hours for a future mom! I am going back to teaching...better lifestyle...I might actually see my husband every once in a while. And yes, I am officially 4 1/2 months pregnant...don't know what it is though because the baby is underweight.

The Blakes said...

This year wasn't the same for us either. Next year will definitely be better with your baby! They make everything better! Love you! Miss you!