Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My New Life

So it is amazing how fast things happen and how fast life moves on. I am doing very well since the divorce and am so happy. I always knew I was unhappy, but I never realized HOW unhappy I was until now. I am really loving life. I love spending time with Bracken and playing with him. We go to the park as much as possible. He loves being outside and loves running around and playing. He is also very interested in books lately.

I have realized that I have the most supportive and best friends and family ever. Everyone supports me with all of my decisions and have been there to spend time with me and to keep my mind off things. I have had so many offers for people wanting to help do anything they can and my dad and brothers have been over many times helping around the house. My sister has spent a lot of time with me and helps with B a lot. I love everyone and want to thank everyone for their love and support. I have grown close with a few friends and gained a couple new friends that I really enjoy having in my life. It is fun to go out on weekends and watch movies and go get ice cream. I love that I can get out and do things I love again.

I also have completely changed my room with new furniture, tv, bedding, decor, etc. I love it and it makes me so happy to be in there. I am getting anxious to move and want to get out and start my life on my own, getting rid of the last ties and memories with Jer that I am patiently waiting to get rid of.

Dating. I didn't think I would be ready to date for a long time and didn't think I would be interested in anyone for years, but the dating life has been fun and I have also enjoyed getting to know some boys. It has been a long time since I have talked to guys that way and it is fun!

School is almost over for the year. I have 6 weeks off, but have class one of the weeks and have to work one of the weeks, so really I have 4 weeks off. I have had the best class this year and I will really miss them. I have 3 or 4 students that I have just absolutely fallen in love with this year and I will hate to see them move on to 6th grade. Maybe I can hold them back...hum. haha.

I am going to be a changed woman in a week and a half and I am excited and nervous for that, but I think it will be a good thing for me. One of the biggest decisions I have ever made in my life. I am really hoping all will go well.

That is an update on my life for now. I am truly happy and loving every minute of my life! Thanks for everyone who is a part of that!

2 comments:

dlkenney said...

Kodiak has really enjoyed being in your class this year. Thanks for helping him like school again. It is great to hear that you are adjusting and happy with your new life... Good Luck with your new future.

Stefanie said...

That's so wonderful to hear! I am glad to hear that you're doing so good. We talk and talk but let's really get together for dinner, I would love to catch up with you. And a changed women huh...you got me wondering! lol

I'm serious about dinner. I get off at 5 and would love to meet you for and early dinner around 5:30 (just because I live up north). I'll hit you up on FB.